Thursday, February 17, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Being a pure-bred  rock & roll fan, I've never really had too much respect for popular music. I don't like it, I don't like what it stands for. But today, as I was doing shopping for the house that bloody irritating Beautiful Girls song by Sean Kingston started playing on the radio and something quite special happened. While walking through the aisles I walked past at least six total strangers (employees, customers) singing along to the chorus. I realized, right then, the power that a good pop song actually has over us. These people were brought together in some minor way by this song that was played over the radio.



I still don't have much love for the pop music industry, but this little moment in Pick 'n Pay made me look at pop in a very different way.

Love, Karen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment